Monday, September 27, 2010

Finding a Balance

My parents are very good at keeping stuff around "just in case" and growing up around all that stuff made life seem a bit too cluttered and cramped.  So when I got married and started my own home, I decided I wouldn't have much stuff around.  But recently I've realized that having some select, beautiful things to decorate with, hang on the walls, etc, helps a house feel like a home.  I'm trying to find a balance and have been scouring thrift stores and yard sales lately in search of things to do just that.  I've definitely found some fun things and have also definitely piled up lots of projects that may or may not take me forever to complete!  We'll see. 

But a few days ago I did find a chair that I am absolutely in love with.  I paid $35 which is more than I would have liked to spend, but it's so beautiful and surprisingly very comfortable.  It makes me happy every time I look at it.  Or sit in it.  Or walk by it.  I'll post pictures soon. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit my little corner of the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...