Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fashion Museum Tour - Information and Inspiration

Have you checked out the website for the Metropolitan Museum of Art?  It's awesome!  There are so many subjects with photographs and historical information, it's almost like a mini trip to the museum.  One of the departments is called The Costume Institute.  They have a lot of photographs of (and background about) clothing from different designers and periods of time.  I love looking at clothing from the past.  It's interesting to see the influence it often has on the clothing of today and how certain shapes and styles repeat themselves throughout history.  If you're interested in clothing and fashion I would definitely suggest going to check it out (the name above is a link).  Here are a few of my favorites:

Emilio Schuberth, 1952
The ombre effect is so trendy right now, but here's a beautiful example from the early 50's!

Charles Frederick Worth, 1880s-90s
"Coco" Chanel, 1938
Madeleine Vionne, 1938
Christian Dior, 1949
Tangent: Here's a wedding cake inspired by this dress --
source
Madame Grès
I hope you enjoyed the little fashion museum tour.  Where do you go to find inspiration (whether for clothing, art, food, or anything else)?

---------------------------------------
I'm linking up to:
While He Was Napping
Thirty Handmade Days 
The 36th Avenue 
Under the Table and Dreaming
My Girlish Whims 

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful collection! I love the one with the pink. thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Madeleine Vionne is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to the Met next month but I don't think I'll get to the costumes. There are so many paintings I want to see first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2021 ford escape titanium hybrid - Tiara Tech
    2021 ford escape titanium titanium hoop earrings hybrid. 2021 ford escape titanium hybrid. ford escape titanium for sale 2021 ford citizen titanium dive watch escape titanium titanium glasses frames hybrid. 2021 ford titanium uses escape titanium hybrid.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit my little corner of the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...