I've moved!
I'm now blogging and selling my creations over at Letizia California (www.letiziacalifornia.com). Come join me in this new adventure!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Teeny Tiny Snowflake Garland

When browsing around on some blogs I ran across an idea for tissue paper cherry blossoms glued to sticks and placed in a vase.  It was beautiful and I still plan on making it, but I thought it was a bit too early in winter for blossoms.  I put together the vase with the sticks I plan on using for the cherry blossoms, but decided to put a little something more wintry in there in the meantime. 

I used a little 1/2" snowflake paper punch I have and made lots of little snowflakes.

IMG_4710

I laid them out in a straight-ish line (not worrying about perfect spacing)...

IMG_4712

placed a string (which was really just a thick sewing thread) over the top...

IMG_4713

and put a tiny drop of glue over the top of the string (making sure it got on the paper as well). 

IMG_4714

I let it dry about an hour or two then hung it up on the sticks. 

IMG_4718

IMG_4717

IMG_4716

A touch of winter (which I must admit is NOT my favorite season... at least where we're living right now.)

4 comments:

  1. Way cute. Very creative and I echo...very elegant. You should link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tiny snowflakes...that is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit my little corner of the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...